ROMANIA: Caroli Foods buys Maestro Industries
As part of its strategy to consolidate its position in the northwestern region of Transylvania, meat processing company Caroli Foods has acquired Maestro Industries, a meat processing firm that operates in the northwestern city of Cluj Napoca.
According to a report in Romanian News Digest, under the agreement Caroli will take on Maestro's 75 branded products, its production facilities and 200 employees.
The competition watchdog is still to clear the deal.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill