CHILE: Carozzi buys 100% stake in Ambrosoli
Company officials have announced that Carozzi , Chile's largest producer of pasta, flour and tomato sauces, has bought a 100% stake in Ambrosoli . Despite controlling 48% of the Chilean candy market, 20% of chocolate sales and a 54% share in non-fizzy soft drinks, Ambrosoli has sought a strategic partner since the beginning of 2000 following financial difficulties within its international operations. Amassing total liabilities of US$75m however, it became apparent that a total takeover was the only solution to the company's debt.Financial details of the buyout will be announced soon, but the figure is not expected to be high given Ambrosoli's extensive liabilities. The deal represents Carozzi's first stake in the candy market, although it already produces cookies, chocolates, and desserts through subsidiary company
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations