CHILE: Carozzi buys 100% stake in Ambrosoli
Company officials have announced that Carozzi , Chile's largest producer of pasta, flour and tomato sauces, has bought a 100% stake in Ambrosoli . Despite controlling 48% of the Chilean candy market, 20% of chocolate sales and a 54% share in non-fizzy soft drinks, Ambrosoli has sought a strategic partner since the beginning of 2000 following financial difficulties within its international operations. Amassing total liabilities of US$75m however, it became apparent that a total takeover was the only solution to the company's debt.Financial details of the buyout will be announced soon, but the figure is not expected to be high given Ambrosoli's extensive liabilities. The deal represents Carozzi's first stake in the candy market, although it already produces cookies, chocolates, and desserts through subsidiary company
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016