BULGARIA: Carrefour appoints Bulgaria boss
Carrefour reports its Q1 numbers tomorrow (15 April)
French retailer Carrefour has appointed Christian Charitat to head up its Bulgarian operations.
The company confirmed that Charitat will takeover as CEO of its Bulgarian business and oversee expansion in the market.
Charitat has held a number of positions at Carrefour during his 26-year career with the group, including most recently operations director at Carrefour Indonesia.
He replaces Laurent Bendavid, who has returned to France to work on the retailer's efforts to turnaround its struggling domestic hypermarket business.
A spokesperson for the company confirmed that Carrefour intends to continue growing its Bulgarian business organically through new store openings.
“We see some good potential in the market, where we will be opening stores in order to grow the business,” the spokesperson said.
Carrefour, which opened its first hypermarket in the market in March last year, plans to open two new hypermarkets in the country in the next seven days.
The company, which has witnessed lacklustre growth in France and the rest of western Europe, will report its first-quarter results tomorrow.
With its all-new Carrefour Planet hypermarket chain and with a target of 18% sales growth in five years, the French retail giant is clearly reaching for the stars. But will the French retail giant suc...
Carrefour's reinvention attempts took on new vigour as it launched two Carrefour 'Planet' stores in France last week. The company said the test stores have been redesigned and adapted to customers' n...
Thai energy company PTT has told the Thai Stock Exchange that it has dropped out of the bidding for grocery retailer Carrefour's Asian assets....
French cooked meats firm Les Etablissements Jean Brient, which supplies charcuterie products to supermarket chains like Carrefour, Leclerc and Casino, has been snapped up for an undisclosed sum....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements