BRAZIL: Carrefour appoints executive director
Luiz Fazzio has been appointed as executive director of Carrefour Brazil and as a member of the group's executive committee.
He succeeds Jean-Marc Pueyo, who is leaving the company.
Fazzio joined the company in 2009 after working for C&A Brazil, where he was general manager for seven years. His CV includes roles at Wal-Mart Brazil and Pão de Açucar.
The appointment is effective from 1 August.
With many of the UK's major retailers posting their Christmas updates this week, some blamed the snow for their lacklustre results. Meanwhile, the spectre of rising commodity prices continues to raise...
French bakery group Neuhauser International has invested EUR20m in a 6,300 sqm extension to its plant in Sainte Hermine to boost its presence in the west of the country....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project