FRANCE: Carrefour buys in Italy, confirms 2002 EPS at close to 15%
French retail giant Carrefour has acquired two hypermarkets in Italy. The two hypermarkets have been bought from a fellow French hypermarket group, Hyparlo, which is focusing its expansion efforts on France and Romania. The financial details of the transaction have not been disclosed, but the two hypermarkets together generated sales worth €113m (US$121.3m) last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs