FRANCE: Carrefour buys in Italy, confirms 2002 EPS at close to 15%
French retail giant Carrefour has acquired two hypermarkets in Italy. The two hypermarkets have been bought from a fellow French hypermarket group, Hyparlo, which is focusing its expansion efforts on France and Romania. The financial details of the transaction have not been disclosed, but the two hypermarkets together generated sales worth €113m (US$121.3m) last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO