FRANCE/POLAND: Carrefour buys local chain RAST
Carrefour said deal "strengthened" business in Poland
Carrefour has acquired Polish supermarket chain RAST for an undisclosed sum.
RAST is a retailer with ten stores in the north-eastern city of Olsztyn. Announcing the deal, Carrefour said the deal would see it "strengthen its operations in Poland".
Carrefour has over 600 convenience stores, hypermarkets and supermarkets in Poland.
The retailer does not provide a breakdown of sales per market outside France except when it announces its annual results. In 2012, Carrefour posted a 4.4% fall in sales in Poland to EUR1.89bn.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations