CZECH REPUBLIC: Carrefour exits market in Tesco swap
The French retailer will hand over 11 hypermarkets in the Czech Republic along with three Slovakian hypermarkets. However, the Slovakian monopolies and mergers commission is reviewing this, as Tesco is already the leader in this market.
Speaking at the IGD Global Retail Conference last week, Duran confirmed that Carrefour's agreement with Tesco was progressing, but failed to provide a timetable for its completion.
The publication this week of Tesco’s first-half results underlined yet again the retailer’s dominance of the UK grocery sector. But, writes Katy Humphries, sustaining such impressive growth demands co...
Vietnam, one of Asia's fastest growing markets, has been dubbed 'little India' and ranked the world's third most attractive market for international retailers this year. But this makes business in the...
The past week has seen some significant developments on the international retail scene...
Tesco has appointed Lucy Neville-Rolfe as the company's executive director, corporate and legal affairs....
Tesco has paid Taiwanese retailer Ting Hsin GBP180m (US$350m) to boost its share in Chinese venture Hymall from 50% to 90%....
The UK's leading retailer Tesco has reportedly gained approval from the Malaysian government for its purchase of Thai retailer Makro's cash and carry operations in the country....
Measures of customer loyalty have dropped for supermarket giant Tesco, which slipped from first place in 2004 to sixth place this year, according to Millward Brown's analysis of customer loyalty for t...
Bio-Synergy's GI Sense Bars have been launched in the UK....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report