THAILAND: Carrefour eyes recovery in Thailand
French retailer Carrefour, the second largest grocer in the world, said strong non-food sales in the first quarter of 2001 indicate economic recovery in Thailand. The group added that the Thai retail sector still has good growth prospects. Carrefour will open another branch in Thailand in the second half of this year, in line with its plans to open two to three new branches every year. It has no plans to increase its registered capital, however.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs