CHINA: Carrefour eyes up to 600 discount stores in China by 2007
French retail giant Carrefour has said it sees potential for the company to have up to 600 discount stores in China by 2007. Chief executive Daniel Bernard said Carrefour currently operates 12 discounts stores in Shanghai under the Dia banner. "By the end of the year, we will have 50 points of sale open including the first in Beijing," Bernard was quoted as saying by Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund