GREECE: Carrefour franchisee to add 42 stores to portfolio
Carrefour's Marinopoulos in Greece plans to add 42 new stores to its portfolio
Carrefour's Greek franchisee Marinopoulos has announced its intention to acquire 42 stores of the Larisa Super Market chain.
The two have signed a "preliminary agreement to proceed" Marinopoulos said in a statement and the transaction is expected to close after the necessary approval from the competition commission.
The addition will see the Marinopoulos store portfolio increase to 918.
Marinopoulos did not respond when asked the value of the transaction.
The Marinopoulos SA founded the first Greek supermarket in 1962. In 2012, the Marinopoulos SA became the exclusive licensee of the marks Carrefour in Greece, Cyprus and the Balkans through the franchise.
Carrefour SA Carrefour Sabançi Ticaret Merkezi aims to increase its share in Turkey by offering high-quality products at reasonable prices. To this end, the company aims to increase its presence throu...
Carrefour S.A. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product an...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in India....
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Brazil....
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare