GREECE: Carrefour franchisee to add 42 stores to portfolio
Carrefour's Marinopoulos in Greece plans to add 42 new stores to its portfolio
Carrefour's Greek franchisee Marinopoulos has announced its intention to acquire 42 stores of the Larisa Super Market chain.
The two have signed a "preliminary agreement to proceed" Marinopoulos said in a statement and the transaction is expected to close after the necessary approval from the competition commission.
The addition will see the Marinopoulos store portfolio increase to 918.
Marinopoulos did not respond when asked the value of the transaction.
The Marinopoulos SA founded the first Greek supermarket in 1962. In 2012, the Marinopoulos SA became the exclusive licensee of the marks Carrefour in Greece, Cyprus and the Balkans through the franchise.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- Kerry foods Q1 volumes lifted by NPD