FRANCE: Carrefour hails "accelerating sales" in 2013
Carrefour sounds confident note on FY sales performance
French retailer Carrefour insisted revenue gains "accelerated" throughout 2013 despite a drop in total sales due to currency exchange.
In a sales update this morning (16 January), Carrefour said organic revenue grew by 2.5%. However, currency exchange weighed on the group result, which meant total sales declined 1.2% to EUR84.3bn (US$114bn) in the fiscal.
The company said it saw a "rebound" in France - pointing to sales gains across all formats resulting in a 1.3% rise in revenue. The group also witnessed "continued momentum" in its international activities, with growth of 3.5% boosted by gains of 12.6% in Latin America excluding foreign exchange.
The company emphasised the performance of its European operations improved during the fourth quarter, with a return to growth in Spain where economic conditions had hit sales earlier in the year.
Carrefour said it was "comfortable" it will hit market expectations for earnings. Consensus reoccurring income expectations stand at EUR2.19bn.
Click here for the sales release from Carrefour.
Click here for just-food's analysis of the results, with a focus on the slowdown at Carrefour's domestic hypermarkets.
Carrefour SA Carrefour Sabançi Ticaret Merkezi aims to increase its share in Turkey by offering high-quality products at reasonable prices. To this end, the company aims to increase its presence throu...
Carrefour S.A. (CA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
Carrefour S.A. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product an...
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Spain. Introduction and Landscape Why was the repo...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide