FRANCE: Carrefour hails "accelerating sales" in 2013
Carrefour sounds confident note on FY sales performance
French retailer Carrefour insisted revenue gains "accelerated" throughout 2013 despite a drop in total sales due to currency exchange.
In a sales update this morning (16 January), Carrefour said organic revenue grew by 2.5%. However, currency exchange weighed on the group result, which meant total sales declined 1.2% to EUR84.3bn (US$114bn) in the fiscal.
The company said it saw a "rebound" in France - pointing to sales gains across all formats resulting in a 1.3% rise in revenue. The group also witnessed "continued momentum" in its international activities, with growth of 3.5% boosted by gains of 12.6% in Latin America excluding foreign exchange.
The company emphasised the performance of its European operations improved during the fourth quarter, with a return to growth in Spain where economic conditions had hit sales earlier in the year.
Carrefour said it was "comfortable" it will hit market expectations for earnings. Consensus reoccurring income expectations stand at EUR2.19bn.
Click here for the sales release from Carrefour.
Click here for just-food's analysis of the results, with a focus on the slowdown at Carrefour's domestic hypermarkets.
Carrefour SA Carrefour Sabançi Ticaret Merkezi aims to increase its share in Turkey by offering high-quality products at reasonable prices. To this end, the company aims to increase its presence throu...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Spain. Introduction and Landscape Why was the repo...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in India....
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Brazil....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report