FRANCE: Carrefour hails "accelerating sales" in 2013
Carrefour sounds confident note on FY sales performance
French retailer Carrefour insisted revenue gains "accelerated" throughout 2013 despite a drop in total sales due to currency exchange.
In a sales update this morning (16 January), Carrefour said organic revenue grew by 2.5%. However, currency exchange weighed on the group result, which meant total sales declined 1.2% to EUR84.3bn (US$114bn) in the fiscal.
The company said it saw a "rebound" in France - pointing to sales gains across all formats resulting in a 1.3% rise in revenue. The group also witnessed "continued momentum" in its international activities, with growth of 3.5% boosted by gains of 12.6% in Latin America excluding foreign exchange.
The company emphasised the performance of its European operations improved during the fourth quarter, with a return to growth in Spain where economic conditions had hit sales earlier in the year.
Carrefour said it was "comfortable" it will hit market expectations for earnings. Consensus reoccurring income expectations stand at EUR2.19bn.
Click here for the sales release from Carrefour.
Click here for just-food's analysis of the results, with a focus on the slowdown at Carrefour's domestic hypermarkets.
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Spain. Introduction and Landscape Why was the repo...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in India....
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Brazil....
Synopsis Canadean's "Carrefour S.A. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020