FRANCE: Carrefour kills off Continent
French group Carrefour, the world's second largest retailer since last year's merger with compatriot Promodès, has renamed the remaining supermarkets and hypermarkets under the Continent fascia, in a bid to strengthen the Carrefour brand. Eight of the Continent hypermarkets, which were converted to the Carrefour fascia in a first wave of renaming in May, reported sales growth between 8% and 10% higher than that achieved by across the division, said Jean-Pierre Gillot, director of Carrefour's hypermarket activities.This latest stage in the merger of Carrefour with Promodès was competed to schedule, exactly one year after the deal was first announced.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival