FRANCE: Carrefour kills off Continent
French group Carrefour, the world's second largest retailer since last year's merger with compatriot Promodès, has renamed the remaining supermarkets and hypermarkets under the Continent fascia, in a bid to strengthen the Carrefour brand. Eight of the Continent hypermarkets, which were converted to the Carrefour fascia in a first wave of renaming in May, reported sales growth between 8% and 10% higher than that achieved by across the division, said Jean-Pierre Gillot, director of Carrefour's hypermarket activities.This latest stage in the merger of Carrefour with Promodès was competed to schedule, exactly one year after the deal was first announced.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review