FRANCE: Carrefour kills off Continent
French group Carrefour, the world's second largest retailer since last year's merger with compatriot Promodès, has renamed the remaining supermarkets and hypermarkets under the Continent fascia, in a bid to strengthen the Carrefour brand. Eight of the Continent hypermarkets, which were converted to the Carrefour fascia in a first wave of renaming in May, reported sales growth between 8% and 10% higher than that achieved by across the division, said Jean-Pierre Gillot, director of Carrefour's hypermarket activities.This latest stage in the merger of Carrefour with Promodès was competed to schedule, exactly one year after the deal was first announced.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti