CHINA: Carrefour leads Wal-Mart in China
French retail giant Carrefour has become the biggest foreign retailer in China in terms of the number of stores it has. The chain has opened 28 stores in 16 major cities in China since it first entered that market in 1995. Carrefour's main rival in China, US giant Wal-Mart, entered the market in 1996 and has 21 branches in six provinces, mostly in southern China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target