FRANCE: Carrefour - mobilizing its brand name - COMMENT
France's Carrefour is talking to Orange and SFR about becoming a mobile virtual network operator. As well as bringing competition to France's stale mobile market, the move could give Carrefour an mCommerce advantage by increasing visitors to its mPortal. However, its choice of allies might not be the best, since the two dominant mobile operators are likely to want to keep mobile charges high. Their smaller rival Bouygues may suit Carrefour better.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth