RUSSIA: Carrefour mum on Russian plans
French retail giant Carrefour has remained silent on reports that it is planning to open stores in Russia's Krasnodar region.
According to a report in Russian business daily Vedomosti, Carrefour CEO Jose Luis Duran will sign a store opening agreement with regional governor Alexander Tkachev at an economic forum in Sochi on 18-19 September.
Citing Maxim Filandrov, an aide to Carrefour's general director for Russia, the paper said Carrefour plans to open its first two Russian stores in Moscow and Krasnodar between November and January.
Vedomosti reported that Carrefour will commit to investing US$100m in the region over the next five years, citing an unidentified official of the regional administration.
When contacted by just-food Carrefour declined to comment on the report. The group has however admitted that it is eyeing the Russian market, which it described as offering "considerable potential".
The news that Carrefour may soon be joining the growing ranks of international retailers in Russia will have come as little surprise to observers of a rapidly-developing retail market. According to a ...
The global downturn is not just hitting developed, Western markets. The fast-growing, emerging markets of the East are also suffering - and China is no exception. One of the world's most buoyant retai...
French retail giant Carrefour has unveiled plans to cut the price of 10,000 items sold at its outlets in Spain by as much as 25%....
Consumer goods giant Unilever is planning to expand in the Romanian ice cream market, with the launch of its ice cream brands and the acquisition of a local ice cream business....
French retail giant Carrefour has revealed that it will open its first hypermarket outlet in the Russian market this summer....
French retail giant Carrefour has reportedly made a non-binding offer to acquire Alexander Zanadvorov's 74.8% stake in Russian supermarket group Seventh Continent....
This week, Florida played host to the leading food manufacturers in the US as the likes of Kraft Foods, Kellogg and General Mills revealed how they see the outlook for the industry in 2009. There are ...
Carrefour has blamed fierce local competition for the end of its venture in the north African country of Algeria....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016