ITALY: Carrefour posts 9.1% increase in H1 revenues in Italy
The group, operating with Italian Gs, said its Ebitda grew from €1.85bn to €1.89bn and net profits rose from €277bn to €441bn.
The company said the results were in line with analyst's expectations.
Large European chains play a strong role in Italy's supermarket sector, controlling 46%, coinciding with the eclipse of Standa. The other major foreign chain is Auchan, which is allied with Italian Rinascente.
By Hilmi Toros, just-food.com correspondent
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Buying power is often used by supermarkets to negotiate with their suppliers to get lower prices. These savings can then be passed onto the consumer in terms of price cuts and promotions. But do consu...
A judge in Buenos Aires province has imposed an embargo of more than 150m pesos (US$52.4m) on French retailer Carrefour in favour of provincial tax authorities, according to the Dow Jones news agency....
French based supermarket chain Carrefour has announced a rise in sales of 4.1% to €20.4m in the second quarter of 2005....
French supermarket chain plans to buy French low-cost supermarket Penny Market from Germany's Rewe, while selling catering supplies group Prodirest to transGourmet, a joint venture between Rewe and S...
French supermarket Carrefour has acquires 10 hypermarkets in the Sao Paulo area from Sonae, it said today (Thursday)....
The Food and Drink Federation has today (Wednesday) appointed Melanie Leech as Director General. She will take up the post on 15 August 2005....
US retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to open 12 to 15 new stores in China this year according to the president of its international business, reports the Xinhua news agency....
French retailer, Carrefour via its operating company, Magnificient Diagraph Sdn Bhd has signed a partnership agreement with Syarikat Pesaka Antah Sdn Bhd, reports the Malaysian news agency Bernama....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review