FRANCE: Carrefour posts rise in 2002 net profit
French retail giant Carrefour has posted 2002 net profit before exceptional items up 15.1% year-on-year to €1.38bn (US$1.51bn), narrowly beating analysts' average forecasts. The group said sales before taxes were down to €63.73bn from €69.49bn a year earlier. Carrefour said it remained cautious on the economic outlook for 2003, but said it would open 830 new stores in the year, bringing its total number of outlets to more than 10,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk