FRANCE: Carrefour posts rise in 2002 net profit
French retail giant Carrefour has posted 2002 net profit before exceptional items up 15.1% year-on-year to €1.38bn (US$1.51bn), narrowly beating analysts' average forecasts. The group said sales before taxes were down to €63.73bn from €69.49bn a year earlier. Carrefour said it remained cautious on the economic outlook for 2003, but said it would open 830 new stores in the year, bringing its total number of outlets to more than 10,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week