FRANCE: Carrefour Q1 revenue slips slightly
French supermarket behemoth Carrefour saw its Q1 revenues slip 0.2% year on year, to reach €18.37bn, including value-added tax, compared to €18.4bn in the year previous. The result was below market forecasts of 1% growth, and Carrefour said that one of the major reasons was the currency woes in Latin American, which took 24% out of the company's returns from that region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea