FRANCE: Carrefour seals Coop Alsace stores deal
Carrefour has sealed a deal to buy 128 stores in France from regional retailer Coop Alsace.
The two sides announced they were in talks last October but said yesterday (17 March) a transaction had been finalised following approval from France's competition watchdog.
"This is a commercial project and a modern local network we want to bring along while maintaining the regional identity of stores," Gerard Dorey, executive director of Carrefour's French convenience business, said.
Coop Alsace was reportedly close to bankruptcy in 2011 and undertook a restructuring of the business. Last August, the retailer sold a clutch of stores to another French retailer E. Leclerc.
According to Coop Alsace's website, the retailer has 144 stores.
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Turkey....
Given the economic slowdown in China, Carrefour will be more cautious about the development of its hypermarkets. However, the focus on product quality will not change as the company continues to stren...
Carrefour MAF Hypermarkets Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd established its second outlet in Karachi in 2012 and plans to strengthen its brand name and customer loyalty by concentrating on the quality of service on...
Carrefour Polska Sp zoo aims at further strengthening its position basically via organic growth within all formats it is operating in, such as hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores. Howeve...
Following the acquisition by well-established Indonesian business empire CT Corp, Carrefour is likely to continue its outlet expansion over the forecast period. Aiming at double-digit annual growth, o...
In 2007, Saudi Hypermarket announced that it planned to operate 20 outlets in Saudi Arabia. Six years after the announcement, the company added six new outlets, five of which are Carrefour outlets and...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015