FRANCE: Carrefour seals Coop Alsace stores deal
Carrefour has sealed a deal to buy 128 stores in France from regional retailer Coop Alsace.
The two sides announced they were in talks last October but said yesterday (17 March) a transaction had been finalised following approval from France's competition watchdog.
"This is a commercial project and a modern local network we want to bring along while maintaining the regional identity of stores," Gerard Dorey, executive director of Carrefour's French convenience business, said.
Coop Alsace was reportedly close to bankruptcy in 2011 and undertook a restructuring of the business. Last August, the retailer sold a clutch of stores to another French retailer E. Leclerc.
According to Coop Alsace's website, the retailer has 144 stores.
Carrefour SA Carrefour Sabançi Ticaret Merkezi aims to increase its share in Turkey by offering high-quality products at reasonable prices. To this end, the company aims to increase its presence throu...
Carrefour S.A. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product an...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in India....
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging...
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Brazil....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Hain Celestial buys remainder of poultry JV