FRANCE: Carrefour - secures Argentinean connection - COMMENT
Carrefour has announced Q1 results and agreed to take full control of Norte. Carrefour has announced a Q1 sales increase of 9.6%. It has also agreed to acquire complete ownership of Norte, its majority-owned Argentinean supermarket chain, from the Exxel Group. Investors however have been disappointed by Carrefour's recent performance, fearing that the modest performance of its acquisitions will allow rival supermarket chains to catch up with Europe's largest grocer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations