COLOMBIA: Carrefour sells Colombian ops to Cencosud
The company said that the transaction was "in line" with its strategy to focus on geographies in which it "holds or aims to develop a leading position".
Carrefour operates 72 hypermarkets, 16 convenience stores and four cash and carry outlets in the country, representing net sales excluding fuel of EUR1.5bn.
The transaction should be effective by the end of 2012, the company said.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019