COLOMBIA: Carrefour sells Colombian ops to Cencosud
The company said that the transaction was "in line" with its strategy to focus on geographies in which it "holds or aims to develop a leading position".
Carrefour operates 72 hypermarkets, 16 convenience stores and four cash and carry outlets in the country, representing net sales excluding fuel of EUR1.5bn.
The transaction should be effective by the end of 2012, the company said.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton