COLOMBIA: Carrefour sells Colombian ops to Cencosud
The company said that the transaction was "in line" with its strategy to focus on geographies in which it "holds or aims to develop a leading position".
Carrefour operates 72 hypermarkets, 16 convenience stores and four cash and carry outlets in the country, representing net sales excluding fuel of EUR1.5bn.
The transaction should be effective by the end of 2012, the company said.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations