COLOMBIA: Carrefour sells Colombian ops to Cencosud
The company said that the transaction was "in line" with its strategy to focus on geographies in which it "holds or aims to develop a leading position".
Carrefour operates 72 hypermarkets, 16 convenience stores and four cash and carry outlets in the country, representing net sales excluding fuel of EUR1.5bn.
The transaction should be effective by the end of 2012, the company said.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia