ASIA: Carrefour "shortens bidder list"
According to the Wall Street Journal, the remaining bidders reportedly include Carrefour's French peer Casino and PTT PCL, an energy company that has convenience stores at its gas stations.
Other bidders are Thai retailers Big C, which Casino part owns and Central Group, as well as Thai FMCG firm Berli Jucker Pcl.
While Carrefour has remained tight-lipped on its plans, it reportedly put its stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand up for sale in July, in a disposal that could raise US$1bn for the French retailer.
just-food's headlines were this week dominated by the Europe's largest retailers, with Carrefour, Tesco, Ahold and Delhaize all making key announcements. While Tesco welcomed a new chief executive, Fo...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia