ASIA: Carrefour "shortens bidder list"
According to the Wall Street Journal, the remaining bidders reportedly include Carrefour's French peer Casino and PTT PCL, an energy company that has convenience stores at its gas stations.
Other bidders are Thai retailers Big C, which Casino part owns and Central Group, as well as Thai FMCG firm Berli Jucker Pcl.
While Carrefour has remained tight-lipped on its plans, it reportedly put its stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand up for sale in July, in a disposal that could raise US$1bn for the French retailer.
just-food's headlines were this week dominated by the Europe's largest retailers, with Carrefour, Tesco, Ahold and Delhaize all making key announcements. While Tesco welcomed a new chief executive, Fo...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- How drawn are US consumers to cage-free eggs?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi