ASIA: Carrefour "shortens bidder list"
According to the Wall Street Journal, the remaining bidders reportedly include Carrefour's French peer Casino and PTT PCL, an energy company that has convenience stores at its gas stations.
Other bidders are Thai retailers Big C, which Casino part owns and Central Group, as well as Thai FMCG firm Berli Jucker Pcl.
While Carrefour has remained tight-lipped on its plans, it reportedly put its stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand up for sale in July, in a disposal that could raise US$1bn for the French retailer.
just-food's headlines were this week dominated by the Europe's largest retailers, with Carrefour, Tesco, Ahold and Delhaize all making key announcements. While Tesco welcomed a new chief executive, Fo...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015