ROMANIA: Carrefour signs Romania store deal with Aliment Murfatlar
The stores will open under the Carrefour Market banner on 1 December
French retail giant Carrefour has expanded its store network in Romania through a deal with retailer Aliment Murfatlar.
Carrefour confirmed today (11 October) it has signed a deal with the Romanian retailer for the lease of six stores located in Constanta, on the country's Black Sea coast.
The stores, which have a selling area of 3,425sq m, will be converted to the Carrefour Market banner.
"We will soon open six Carrefour Market supermarkets in Constanta," said Carrefour Romania general director Francois-Melchior de Polignac. "Carrefour is already present in Constanta with a hypermarket; we are certain our supermarkets will be equally appreciated by the people of Constanta."
The stores will open under the Carrefour Market banner on 1 December.
Carrefour operates 24 hypermarkets in Romania, 59 supermarkets and eight Express stores.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
Qatari investment vehicle Hassad Foods has bought a majority stake in Indian food supplier Bush Foods Overseas....
In a week of results from major retailers, Carrefour cheered the market with improvement in France, upmarket UK grocer Waitrose highlighted its strong year and Belgium's Delhaize insisted its business...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Indonesia: the key macro issues facing FMCG firms
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015