ROMANIA: Carrefour signs Romania store deal with Aliment Murfatlar
The stores will open under the Carrefour Market banner on 1 December
French retail giant Carrefour has expanded its store network in Romania through a deal with retailer Aliment Murfatlar.
Carrefour confirmed today (11 October) it has signed a deal with the Romanian retailer for the lease of six stores located in Constanta, on the country's Black Sea coast.
The stores, which have a selling area of 3,425sq m, will be converted to the Carrefour Market banner.
"We will soon open six Carrefour Market supermarkets in Constanta," said Carrefour Romania general director Francois-Melchior de Polignac. "Carrefour is already present in Constanta with a hypermarket; we are certain our supermarkets will be equally appreciated by the people of Constanta."
The stores will open under the Carrefour Market banner on 1 December.
Carrefour operates 24 hypermarkets in Romania, 59 supermarkets and eight Express stores.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
Qatari investment vehicle Hassad Foods has bought a majority stake in Indian food supplier Bush Foods Overseas....
In a week of results from major retailers, Carrefour cheered the market with improvement in France, upmarket UK grocer Waitrose highlighted its strong year and Belgium's Delhaize insisted its business...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities