ROMANIA: Carrefour signs Romania store deal with Aliment Murfatlar
The stores will open under the Carrefour Market banner on 1 December
French retail giant Carrefour has expanded its store network in Romania through a deal with retailer Aliment Murfatlar.
Carrefour confirmed today (11 October) it has signed a deal with the Romanian retailer for the lease of six stores located in Constanta, on the country's Black Sea coast.
The stores, which have a selling area of 3,425sq m, will be converted to the Carrefour Market banner.
"We will soon open six Carrefour Market supermarkets in Constanta," said Carrefour Romania general director Francois-Melchior de Polignac. "Carrefour is already present in Constanta with a hypermarket; we are certain our supermarkets will be equally appreciated by the people of Constanta."
The stores will open under the Carrefour Market banner on 1 December.
Carrefour operates 24 hypermarkets in Romania, 59 supermarkets and eight Express stores.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
Qatari investment vehicle Hassad Foods has bought a majority stake in Indian food supplier Bush Foods Overseas....
In a week of results from major retailers, Carrefour cheered the market with improvement in France, upmarket UK grocer Waitrose highlighted its strong year and Belgium's Delhaize insisted its business...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- French body calls for five-colour nutrition labels
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis