BRAZIL: Carrefour silent on Atacadão IPO
Carrefour "preparing Atacadao IPO" - reports
French retail giant Carrefour has remained silent on Brazilian reports that it is preparing an initial public offering for its Atacadão wholesale arm in the country.
The company is reportedly preparing to launch an IPO for the unit in a bid to unlock the value of the business, whose sales totalled more than BRL11bn (US$5.4bn) in the last financial year.
"We do not comment on any IPO project in Brazil," a spokesperson for the French company told just-food today (30 October).
The rumours follow reports earlier this week that Carrefour is preparing to sell its Malaysian business to Japan's Aeon.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015