FRANCE: Carrefour silent on renewed CEO speculation
Carrefour did not comment on rumours that it is still seeking a replacement to Olofsson
Carrefour, Europe's biggest retailer, is tight-lipped over renewed speculation that it has approached Georges Plassat to replace chief executive Lars Olofsson.
Plassat, the head of French fashion retail group Vivarte, rebuffed an approach from Carrefour in November, according to media reports.
A spokesman for Carrefour said: "We are not commenting on this. We have a policy of not commenting on speculation. It's a recurring rumour and we know that Reuters said Plassat has been approached twice and refused."
The rumours come at with uncertainty surrounding the French retail giant. Carrefour has announced numerous profit warnings last year and also faces dissent rom investors.
In December there were reports that Carrefour shareholder Knight Vinke Asset Management, a US investment fund, was in negotiations about a seat on the board and in October, Knight Vinke urged the French retail giant to appoint an independent chairman.
Carrefour will report its 2011 sales results tomorrow morning.
There was a French flavour to the major industry headlines last week. Casino triumphantly announced its control of Brazil's largest retailer CBD. The new CEO at rival French retailer Carrefour made hi...
The price of milk dominated headlines in the UK this week, with farmers gathering at a summit to air their views on the implications of the cuts and discuss what can be done. Elsewhere, French retaile...
UK dairy farmers this week gathered at a summit in London to air their views on recent cuts in prices to liquid milk and the implications of the cuts. In the US, PepsiCo and Müller made the much-antic...
French retailer Carrefour has remained silent on reports it is slowing its pace of expansion in India. ...
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report