RUSSIA: Carrefour targets new market - report
Groupe Carrefour is planning to carry its retail chain into Russia by the end of 2007, according to reports in the UK press.
Carrefour refused to comment on the situation when contacted by just-food today (30 January).
The Financial Times reported that the French retailer could focus on fast growing towns across Russia, rather than the main metropolitan areas of Moscow and St Petersburg, and may open between five and ten stores a year.
Carrefour wants to focus on cementing its leadership of Portugal's discount retail segment after selling its hypermarket business in the country....
UK confectionery and snacks group Zetar is looking to secure another domestic acquisition in the next year and will then cast its eyes on Europe, its chief executive said today (24 July)....
International retailers Carrefour and Geant have pledged to cut energy consumption in their Taiwan stores by up to 8% within the next three years....
French retail giant Carrefour has agreed to buy 250 discount stores in Spain from German retailer Tengelmann. The EUR200m (US$276m) deal was made through Carrefour's local Dia business, which already ...
X5 Retail Group has admitted it is looking at acquiring businesses in Russia - but the company refused to be drawn on rumours linking the company to peer Ramstore....
Carrefour has posted a 6% rise in first-half revenue after squeezing out growth in France and enjoying robust performances in Latin America and Asia....
Carrefour is in talks to buy over 200 discount stores in Spain owned by German retail group Tenglemann....
Talks between French retail giant Carrefour and Belgian trade unions over the planned closure of 16 supermarkets in the country have failed to yield an agreement....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report