FRANCE/SPAIN: Carrefour to buy remaining shares in its Spanish unit
Carrefour, the world's second largest grocery company is set to buy the remainder of its Spanish unit, of which it already owns 79.7%. The French retailer will buy the remaining 20.3% for a total of €920m (US$904m) as part of its expansion in Europe. In the last two years, Carrefour has made acquisitions in Belgium and Italy. Buying the remainder of the Spanish unit, Centros Comerciales Carrefour, is seen as the next logical step. Spain is Carrefour's largest market after France and accounts for around 15% of revenue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review