CHILE/FRANCE: Carrefour to increase presence in Chile
French supermarket giant Carrefour is planning to build a new store in the Santiago borough of Independencia. This would be the chain's fourth Chilean store since it entered the market in 1999. In mid-May company executives met with municipal authorities from the urban planning and development department in order to evaluate the technical and legal feasibility of the project. The proposal has reportedly been warmly received by borough authorities, who believe it could attract other investors and generate jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund