CHILE/FRANCE: Carrefour to increase presence in Chile
French supermarket giant Carrefour is planning to build a new store in the Santiago borough of Independencia. This would be the chain's fourth Chilean store since it entered the market in 1999. In mid-May company executives met with municipal authorities from the urban planning and development department in order to evaluate the technical and legal feasibility of the project. The proposal has reportedly been warmly received by borough authorities, who believe it could attract other investors and generate jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units