BRAZIL: Carrefour to open new Brazilian stores in October - report
French retail giant Carrefour is to open in October the first two of twelve new Brazilian stores the company has planned for this year. The two stores, which are both hypermarkets situated in central Brazil, will require an investment of R60m (US$20.3m), representing around 10% of Carrefour Brazil's capital spending budget for 2003, reported Dow Jones News, citing daily paper Gazeta Mercantil.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods