FRANCE/SPAIN: Carrefour's Spanish unit posts 9-month net profit of €116m
Centros Comerciales Carrefour España, the Spanish unit of French retail giant Carrefour, has reported a 46% year-on-year fall in net profit in the first nine months of the year. The company posted net profit of €116m (US$117.4m) for the nine-month period, attributing the fall to the €141m of capital gains that Carrefour España booked in the first nine months of 2001 from the sale of 12 hypermarkets and other assets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery