SPAIN: Carrefour's Spanish unit posts slight Q1 profit rise
Centros Commerciales Carrefour, the Spanish unit of French retail giant Carrefour, has reported a 0.8% rise in first-quarter attributable profit to €31.25m (US$36.0m). Pre-tax profit rose 12.3% year-on-year to €44.1m, while net sales rose nearly 8% to €1.77bn. Like-for-like sales rose 5.3% at the company's Spanish hypermarkets and 3.7% at its supermarkets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival