US: Casey's acquires 24 Stop-n-Go stores
Casey's has purchased 24 new Stop-n-Go locations
US convenience retailer Casey's General Stores has announced the acquisition of 24 Stop-n-Go outlets.
Twenty of the stores are located in North Dakota and four are located in Minnesota.
The acquisition will be "accretive" to earnings in the first year of operations, explained Casye's CEO and president Rob Myers.
"We are excited about the opportunity to acquire the Stop-n-Go chain as they are a well-managed and established group of stores in a relatively new market area for Casey's," Myers said yesterday (12 February).
"We hope this acquisition serves as a springboard for more Casey's locations in the area as we continue to look for opportunities to build and buy stores in the upper Midwest," he added.
Shares in Casey's General Stores were down 0.90% at US$66.33 at 15:52.
Casey's General Stores, Inc. (CASY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been com...
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious