US: Casey's acquires 24 Stop-n-Go stores
Casey's has purchased 24 new Stop-n-Go locations
US convenience retailer Casey's General Stores has announced the acquisition of 24 Stop-n-Go outlets.
Twenty of the stores are located in North Dakota and four are located in Minnesota.
The acquisition will be "accretive" to earnings in the first year of operations, explained Casye's CEO and president Rob Myers.
"We are excited about the opportunity to acquire the Stop-n-Go chain as they are a well-managed and established group of stores in a relatively new market area for Casey's," Myers said yesterday (12 February).
"We hope this acquisition serves as a springboard for more Casey's locations in the area as we continue to look for opportunities to build and buy stores in the upper Midwest," he added.
Shares in Casey's General Stores were down 0.90% at US$66.33 at 15:52.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Kraft Heinz launches new Creationz range