US: Casey's eyes growth as Q3 earnings rise
Casey's General Stores has recorded an increase in third-quarter profit
US c-store operator Casey's General Stores has recorded an increase in third-quarter profit and said it continues to expand its footprint in new states.
For the three months to the end of January, net profit climbed 29.7% to US$16.7m, the company reported yesterday (5 March). Sales in the period amounted to $1.58bn, a 3.5% increase on the prior-year period.
In the year-to-date period, net profits grew 30.4% to $93.7m. Year-to-date basic EPS amounted to $2.46 versus $1.64 for the same period last year. After adjusting for costs associated with the hostile takeover attempt by Alimentation Couche-Tard last year, basic EPS would have been $1.87 year-to-date.
Sales in the period amounted to $5.23bn, a 28.2% increase on the prior-year period.
"The solid third-quarter results continue to demonstrate that Casey's is executing well on our strategic plan," said president and CEO Robert Myers. "We are expanding our footprint in our current market as well as the development of new states."
Canadian convenience chain Couche-Tard has acquired 29 forecourt locations in Florida from Florida Oil Holdings....
Canadian retailer Couche-Tard has purchased 27 stores in Eastern Washington State through its subsidiary Cirkle K....
US convenience group Casey's General Stores has booked an increase in full-year earnings as it successfully offset declining gas profits with increased retail sales and margin gains....
Canadian c-store retailer Couche-Tard today (12 June) said it was "very confident" of convincing enough investors in Statoil Fuel & Retail to secure its acquisition of the Norwegian firm....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Nestle to acquire remaining stake in Osem
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK