FRANCE: Casino acquires total ownership of Vindémia
French supermarket operator Casino Guichard-Perrachon et Cie has acquired total ownership of the Vindémia supermarket group.
French marine services company Bourbon SA has sold its 30% stake in Vindémia for an undisclosed sum.
Casino increased its participation in Vindémia to 70% in May 2005, acquiring a 36.66% stake from Bourbon for EUR199.6m (US$268m). Bourbon retained an option to sell its remaining 30% holding in 2007, 2008 or 2009.
Upon completion of the deal, Vindémia will be deconsolidated from Bourbon's financial statements.
Vindémia operates supermarkets and hypermarkets in Vietnam, Madagascar and Reunion Island.
France-based retailer Groupe Casino has seen rising revenue from its overseas operations boost third-quarter sales....
French supermarket group Casino has announced three major property deals which it says will take its property management strategy into a new phase, and generate EUR650m (US$928m) in cash in the curren...
Casino has outlined plans to introduce carbon labeling on 3,000 of its own-brand food products, a first among French supermarket chains....
X5 Retail Group, Russia's largest food retailer by sales, has agreed to form a joint venture to run convenience store franchises in and around the cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units