POLAND: Casino denies plans to sell its Polish operations
French retail group Casino has denied reports that it is in talks over the sale of its Polish stores to US retail giant Wal-Mart. Casino dismissed reports that it is selling its 15 Géant hypermarkets and 87 Leader Price stores in Poland as rumours. The company has blamed competitive pressure for the €8.5m (US$8.4m) operating loss it reported in Poland in the first half, reported Dow Jones International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning