SERBIA: Casino enters Serbia via Sodibal deal
France's Casino Group has announced it will open stores in Serbia after signing a partnership deal with the country's Sodibal.
The alliance allows for Casino to promote its brand name across the Balkans region, via the opening of stores and the import of Casino-branded products, it said today (11 January).
Financial details of the alliance were not disclosed. Casino said that it will be able to use Sodibal's local knowledge to expand rapidly in food retail in the region.
"The first step will to expand the Casino supermarket in Serbia," said Casino. The firm plans to open an initial seven stores in Belgrade this year, which will stock Casino products exclusively.
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- Kerry foods Q1 volumes lifted by NPD