SERBIA: Casino enters Serbia via Sodibal deal
France's Casino Group has announced it will open stores in Serbia after signing a partnership deal with the country's Sodibal.
The alliance allows for Casino to promote its brand name across the Balkans region, via the opening of stores and the import of Casino-branded products, it said today (11 January).
Financial details of the alliance were not disclosed. Casino said that it will be able to use Sodibal's local knowledge to expand rapidly in food retail in the region.
"The first step will to expand the Casino supermarket in Serbia," said Casino. The firm plans to open an initial seven stores in Belgrade this year, which will stock Casino products exclusively.
This is a detailed report covering Groupe Casino’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Colombia. Introduction and Landscape Why was t...
Organic Food in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descr...
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
Food Retail in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descri...
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- The bitesize interview - The Kids Food Co.
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Hain Celestial buys remainder of poultry JV