SERBIA: Casino enters Serbia via Sodibal deal
France's Casino Group has announced it will open stores in Serbia after signing a partnership deal with the country's Sodibal.
The alliance allows for Casino to promote its brand name across the Balkans region, via the opening of stores and the import of Casino-branded products, it said today (11 January).
Financial details of the alliance were not disclosed. Casino said that it will be able to use Sodibal's local knowledge to expand rapidly in food retail in the region.
"The first step will to expand the Casino supermarket in Serbia," said Casino. The firm plans to open an initial seven stores in Belgrade this year, which will stock Casino products exclusively.
Retailers in Europe are looking again at the in-store experience for shoppers, refurbishing outlets and using technology, writes IRI's Laura Volpini....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- UPDATE: Hershey rejects Mondelez takeover
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- ForeSights: Edible Cutlery; Cutlery made out of food-grade materials instead of plastic
- Fast Food in India