FRANCE: Casino H1 revenue rises 26%
French retailer Casino Guicard Perrachon announced today [Tuesday] that its turnover climbed 26% to €10.4bn (US$9.01bn) in the first half of 2001, up from €8.3bn in the same period last year. A majority of this turnover (76%) came as expected from domestic operations, which showed a 24% improvement, while international activities posted growth of 33%. Within France, the supermarket arm showed the strongest growth, with revenues increasing by 39% to €4.5bn from 43.3bn last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations