FRANCE: Casino H1 revenue rises 26%
French retailer Casino Guicard Perrachon announced today [Tuesday] that its turnover climbed 26% to €10.4bn (US$9.01bn) in the first half of 2001, up from €8.3bn in the same period last year. A majority of this turnover (76%) came as expected from domestic operations, which showed a 24% improvement, while international activities posted growth of 33%. Within France, the supermarket arm showed the strongest growth, with revenues increasing by 39% to €4.5bn from 43.3bn last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO