FRANCE: Casino hires ex-Danone finance chief as CFO
French retailer Groupe Casino has appointed Antoine Giscard d'Estaing as CFO.
D'Estaing has held various leadership positions, including EVP, finance, strategy and information systems at French dairy giant Danone. Most recently, he was a partner with Bain & Company Paris.
The appointment will come into effect "in the near future", a spokesperson for Casino confirmed.
"Casino believes that Antoine's experience in the FMCG sector will be a valuable asset," the spokesperson said.
Interbrand, in partnership with BusinessWeek, today (18 September) published its annual list of the world's largest global brands by value. Here is how the food sector performed....
Dutch retailer Super de Boer said this morning (18 September) that it had received a takeover bid from privately-owned local peer Jumbo Supermarkets....
Dairy farmers in northern and western France have begun an indefinite "milk strike" in protest at the low prices paid to producers and at market deregulation....
Yakult Danone India is expanding distribution of its probiotic yoghurt drink, the company confirmed today (7 September)....
The chief executive of Russian dairy giant Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods today (4 September) warned that conditions in the Russian economy may worsen in the latter half of 2009....
French retailer Groupe Casino has hailed a "resilient" first-half performance, despite a decline in net sales, operating profit and EBITDA....
Newly-formed US functional food group Waypharm USA plans to launch products in "several" food categories in the next three years, its CEO has told just-food....
After months of recession-fuelled growth on both sides of the pond, the future for own label has become a subject of fierce debate. This week, US retail giant Supervalu has called for more innovation ...
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China