FRANCE: Casino joins EMD buying alliance
French retail giant Casino has become a member of the European Marketing Distribution (EMD) consortium.
With a presence in 16 countries, EMD is a European purchasing alliance of independent retailers that aims to create "attractive and competitive conditions" for European grocery retailers.
Casino said the partnership with EMD will "enhance the competitiveness of its supplies". EMD claimed the inclusion of Casino would "increase its leadership in Europe".
The partnership comes at a time when EMD is reforming its operations and governance under the leadership of a new management team, it said.
The new structure, EDM said, will provide "more effective coordination and implementation of operational links".
French retailer Casino has said today (16 June) that it has increased its stake in Brazilian retailer CBD to 37%....
Reports of a possible merger between the Brazilian business of Carrefour and local market leader Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD) do not make strategic sense and would likely face opposition...
French grocery retailer Casino has recorded an increase in first-quarter sales, which it attributed to the consolidation of acquired assets in Brazil and Thailand....
French retailer Groupe Casino has confirmed that it plans to re-brand its Petit Casino convenience business....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins