FRANCE: Casino posts 17.5% rise in 2002 earnings
French retailer Casino has posted a 17.5% rise in 2002 earnings and has forecast further growth for 2003. The supermarket operator posted net profit of €445.2m (US$491.5m) for 2002, up from €379m in the previous year and in line with forecasts of €442.6m, thanks to a strong performance at its local and discount supermarkets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods