FRANCE: Casino posts 17.5% rise in 2002 earnings
French retailer Casino has posted a 17.5% rise in 2002 earnings and has forecast further growth for 2003. The supermarket operator posted net profit of €445.2m (US$491.5m) for 2002, up from €379m in the previous year and in line with forecasts of €442.6m, thanks to a strong performance at its local and discount supermarkets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"