FRANCE: Casino posts below-forecast 2002 sales rise
French supermarket retailer Casino has reported a rise in 2002 sales that is below forecasts. Casino said its full-year turnover increased by 3.9%, or 8.9% on a constant currency basis, to €22.84bn (US$24.44bn). Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast full-year sales of €22.93bn. "Overall it was disappointing," SSSB's London-based retail analyst David McCarthy was quoted as saying by Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill