FRANCE: Casino posts below-forecast 2002 sales rise
French supermarket retailer Casino has reported a rise in 2002 sales that is below forecasts. Casino said its full-year turnover increased by 3.9%, or 8.9% on a constant currency basis, to €22.84bn (US$24.44bn). Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast full-year sales of €22.93bn. "Overall it was disappointing," SSSB's London-based retail analyst David McCarthy was quoted as saying by Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth