FRANCE: Casino reports Q3 sales of €5.56bn
French supermarket retailer Casino has reported that its Q3 sales rose 2.1% year-on-year to €5.56bn (US$5.42bn). Casino, which is France's second-largest listed retailer, owns Géant hypermarkets, Leader Price discount stores and the supermarket chain Franprix. Domestic sales were particularly strong due to robust growth by Leader Price, Casino supermarkets and food sales at Géant hypermarkets, with Q3 sales in France increasing 6.4% year-on-year to €4.37bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target