FRANCE: Casino reports Q3 sales of €5.56bn
French supermarket retailer Casino has reported that its Q3 sales rose 2.1% year-on-year to €5.56bn (US$5.42bn). Casino, which is France's second-largest listed retailer, owns Géant hypermarkets, Leader Price discount stores and the supermarket chain Franprix. Domestic sales were particularly strong due to robust growth by Leader Price, Casino supermarkets and food sales at Géant hypermarkets, with Q3 sales in France increasing 6.4% year-on-year to €4.37bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid