FRANCE: Casino reports Q3 sales of €5.56bn
French supermarket retailer Casino has reported that its Q3 sales rose 2.1% year-on-year to €5.56bn (US$5.42bn). Casino, which is France's second-largest listed retailer, owns Géant hypermarkets, Leader Price discount stores and the supermarket chain Franprix. Domestic sales were particularly strong due to robust growth by Leader Price, Casino supermarkets and food sales at Géant hypermarkets, with Q3 sales in France increasing 6.4% year-on-year to €4.37bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti