FRANCE: Casino sales soar despite trouble in Latin America
Turnover at Casino Guichard-Perrachon , France's second-largest quoted food retailer, rose 15.2% in 2001 to €21.967bn (US$19.44bn) on a strong contribution from its Monoprix division. The results included a full year of revenue from Monoprix after just six months the previous financial year. Casino holds a 48.8% stake in Monoprix. Indeed, Casino said it improved its market share across all its domestic divisions, which include supermarkets, hypermarkets and convenience stores. Analysts commented that the growth had come at the expense of global retail giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO