FRANCE: Casino sales soar despite trouble in Latin America
Turnover at Casino Guichard-Perrachon , France's second-largest quoted food retailer, rose 15.2% in 2001 to €21.967bn (US$19.44bn) on a strong contribution from its Monoprix division. The results included a full year of revenue from Monoprix after just six months the previous financial year. Casino holds a 48.8% stake in Monoprix. Indeed, Casino said it improved its market share across all its domestic divisions, which include supermarkets, hypermarkets and convenience stores. Analysts commented that the growth had come at the expense of global retail giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre