FRANCE: Casino set to supply Alsace co-op
Casino will supply the co-operative with private label and branded goods should the deal go ahead
French retail giant Casino has entered into talks to supply a chain of co-op convenience stores in the Alsace region.
Casino is in negotiations to supply The Union of Co-operatives of Alsace (UCA)'s 141 stores, which have sales of EUR93m (US$121.5m).
The company would supply between 2,500 and 15,000 products depending on the size of the UCA store of both branded and Casino private-label lines. All the regional Alsatian products will remain.
If successful, the supply contract will come into force early next year and would operate over seven years.
International revenues continued to drive sales growth at Casino in the first quarter, the French retailer said yesterday (18 April)....
Brazilian retailer CBD plans to increase its investment in expansion in its domestic market this year....
Directors at French retail giant Casino have put forward plans to remove directors Abilio Diniz and Philippe Houzé from its board....
The Consumer Analyst Group of Europe investment conference in London dominated just-food's working week and we exclusively provided the news and views from the event....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits