FRANCE/NETHERLANDS: Casino to buys 37.6% of beleaguered Laurus
French retail behemoth Casino Guichard Perrachon revealed earlier today [Thursday] that a buyout deal has been signed with beleaguered Dutch supermarket group Laurus. Agreeing to channel €200m (US$175.3m) into Laurus, Casino will initially buy a 37.6% stake. The deal also offers the firm the six-year option to raise its holding to 51% through the purchase of the 13.4% share currently owned by three Dutch banks; ABN Amro Holding, ING Groep, and Rabobank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw