FRANCE/NETHERLANDS: Casino to buys 37.6% of beleaguered Laurus
French retail behemoth Casino Guichard Perrachon revealed earlier today [Thursday] that a buyout deal has been signed with beleaguered Dutch supermarket group Laurus. Agreeing to channel €200m (US$175.3m) into Laurus, Casino will initially buy a 37.6% stake. The deal also offers the firm the six-year option to raise its holding to 51% through the purchase of the 13.4% share currently owned by three Dutch banks; ABN Amro Holding, ING Groep, and Rabobank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"