THAILAND: Casino to triple Big C store count
Casino said it has a target of reaching 1,250 stores by 2016.
Retail giant Casino has confirmed plans to triple its store count in Thailand as part of a strategy to strengthen its position in the country.
A spokesperson for the retailer told just-food today (7 January) it has a target of reaching 1,250 stores by 2016.
The retailer is expected to expand all its store formats, including its Big C hypermarket and supermarket banners, and its Mini Big C stores.
"This is in line with the group's statement when announcing the success of Big C Thailand private placement in May last year, to roll out its expansion plan as part of Big C's strategic plan ... aimed at strengthening its co-leadership position in the Thai retail sector and becoming a major player in the region."
In October last year, Casino announced plans to raise THB25bn (US$806.3m) through a rights offer to fund a three-year expansion plan for its operations in Thailand. The retailer said it wanted to become one of the largest modern food retailers in the region.
A year earlier, Casino acquired Carrefour's Thai operations in a deal worth EUR868m (US$1.2bn).
UK private-equity firm BC Partners has hired JPMorgan and Bank of America for advice on its options for it stake in Turkish retailer Migros Ticaret....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020