THAILAND: Casino to triple Big C store count
Casino said it has a target of reaching 1,250 stores by 2016.
Retail giant Casino has confirmed plans to triple its store count in Thailand as part of a strategy to strengthen its position in the country.
A spokesperson for the retailer told just-food today (7 January) it has a target of reaching 1,250 stores by 2016.
The retailer is expected to expand all its store formats, including its Big C hypermarket and supermarket banners, and its Mini Big C stores.
"This is in line with the group's statement when announcing the success of Big C Thailand private placement in May last year, to roll out its expansion plan as part of Big C's strategic plan ... aimed at strengthening its co-leadership position in the Thai retail sector and becoming a major player in the region."
In October last year, Casino announced plans to raise THB25bn (US$806.3m) through a rights offer to fund a three-year expansion plan for its operations in Thailand. The retailer said it wanted to become one of the largest modern food retailers in the region.
A year earlier, Casino acquired Carrefour's Thai operations in a deal worth EUR868m (US$1.2bn).
Casino Guichard-Perrachon SA had already concentrated its activity on small formats, and it will continue this strategy with further investment in chains like Chez Jean or Le Marché à Côté. As for oth...
Over the forecast period, Casino Guichard-Perrachon aims to become the leading player in grocery retailing in Vietnam by continuously expanding its outlet network and expanding into new areas in many ...
UK private-equity firm BC Partners has hired JPMorgan and Bank of America for advice on its options for it stake in Turkish retailer Migros Ticaret....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details