COLOMBIA/FRANCE: Casino ups stake in Almacenes Exito
French retail giant Casino has bought 7.46 million shares in Colombia's Almacenes Exito, increasing its stake in the Colombian retail chain by 3.07%. Casino, France's second-largest supermarket company, now holds a 30.27% stake in Exito, reported Reuters. Bergsaar, a subsidiary of Casino, paid US$15.7m in the auction at a premium of 79.7% above the stock's closing price on Friday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill