COLOMBIA/FRANCE: Casino ups stake in Almacenes Exito
French retail giant Casino has bought 7.46 million shares in Colombia's Almacenes Exito, increasing its stake in the Colombian retail chain by 3.07%. Casino, France's second-largest supermarket company, now holds a 30.27% stake in Exito, reported Reuters. Bergsaar, a subsidiary of Casino, paid US$15.7m in the auction at a premium of 79.7% above the stock's closing price on Friday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group