COLOMBIA/FRANCE: Casino ups stake in Almacenes Exito
French retail giant Casino has bought 7.46 million shares in Colombia's Almacenes Exito, increasing its stake in the Colombian retail chain by 3.07%. Casino, France's second-largest supermarket company, now holds a 30.27% stake in Exito, reported Reuters. Bergsaar, a subsidiary of Casino, paid US$15.7m in the auction at a premium of 79.7% above the stock's closing price on Friday.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed