FRANCE/USA: Casino's Smart & Final unit raises $59m from sale of assets
French supermarket chain Casino Guichard Perrachon has said that its US unit Smart & Final has raised US$59m from the sale of foodservice operations in separate deals in Florida and California. Stockton, California-based Smart & Final announced on 19 August that it had agreed to sell its foodservice operations in California to Sysco Corp. On 8 August, the company announced a separate deal to sell its Florida foodservice operations to Gordon Food Service, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units