FRANCE/USA: Casino's Smart & Final unit raises $59m from sale of assets
French supermarket chain Casino Guichard Perrachon has said that its US unit Smart & Final has raised US$59m from the sale of foodservice operations in separate deals in Florida and California. Stockton, California-based Smart & Final announced on 19 August that it had agreed to sell its foodservice operations in California to Sysco Corp. On 8 August, the company announced a separate deal to sell its Florida foodservice operations to Gordon Food Service, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter