FRANCE/USA: Casino's Smart & Final unit raises $59m from sale of assets
French supermarket chain Casino Guichard Perrachon has said that its US unit Smart & Final has raised US$59m from the sale of foodservice operations in separate deals in Florida and California. Stockton, California-based Smart & Final announced on 19 August that it had agreed to sell its foodservice operations in California to Sysco Corp. On 8 August, the company announced a separate deal to sell its Florida foodservice operations to Gordon Food Service, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action