UK: Category management here to stay?
New research shows that the retail industry is confident that category management will continue into the next decade as a core business strategy. According to an IGD industry survey, 96% of respondents believe category management is here to stay. Over 70% of retailers and 76% of suppliers were very satisfied or satisfied with category management as a way to do business. The survey covers practitioners of category management in the food and grocery industry, and the results are compared with results from 1996 and 1999 to analyse how the process is evolving.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast