MACEDONIA: Cattle Breeders in Macedonia threaten strike action, demand higher farm gate prices
The Macedonian government were threatened with a general strike by the country's union of cattle breeders' associations yesterday [Thursday] if it fails to guarantee a higher farm gate price by 14 January [Monday]. According to local newspaper Nova Makedonija , the union is demanding that milk should be recognised as a strategic product and that the government should therefore declare that 2001 was a year of natural disaster because of the unfavourable developments in the dairy sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO